The many types of brownies that are available are a testament of their popularity among adults as well as children. The traditional brownies recipe involved the use of simple ingredients that would result in brownies that tasted great and were easy to make as well. The brownie recipe is good for making treats for children when they are at home or which they can even carry to school to eat during break. The nutritional value of brownies depends on the ingredients used, which can eliminate any that would be detrimental to an individual’s health. With a few alterations, the brownies recipe can produce hard or softer brownies as preferred. The recipe makes sixteen to twenty brownies that can be taken with milk or another beverage.
1 cup butter (melted)
2 cups white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4 eggs (large)
1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
1 cup of cocoa powder (unsweetened)
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips (semisweet)
1 cup walnuts (optional)
The ingredients needed for frosting include 1 table spoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, 3 tablespoons cocoa, 1 cup sugar and 3 tablespoons of butter. These ingredients are blended in together to make frosting that is poured over the brownies when warm.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and place the tray that the baking pan will be placed, on the lower levels of the oven. The baking pan that is to be used to bake the brownies should also be greased and dust it with some flour.
- Place the melted butter, eggs, sugar, as well as vanilla extract in one bowl and blend them together until the mixture becomes fluffy. It is important to put in one egg after another while beating it in so that they are fully incorporated in the mixture.
- Combine the dry ingredients which are cocoa powder, sugar, all-purpose flour, salt and baking soda and then put them through a sieve to remove any lumps. The sifted ingredients are then added into the bowl that contains eggs while stirring gently until they blend in well together.
- In another bowl, place the chocolate chips and dust them lightly with flour before putting them in the mixture using a spoon or sometimes a spatula. When the chocolate chips are dusted with floor, they are not able to sink to the base of the mixture.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan that had been prepared earlier and make sure it has been spread evenly to avoid some parts remaining uncooked. The pan is then placed into the oven that is preheated to bake for at least half an hour. It is important to avoid overcooking the brownies as they will come out burnt.
As soon as the edges start separating from the edges of the pan, the baking pan should be removed and allowed to cool before serving. Brownies are best served with homemade frosting while warm.